Thursday, March 24, 2005

One Member's Plea

On Thursday March 31 I will be making an 8 hour pilgrimage (I do believe this will be my 8th year) to the holy waters of Blind River - 1.5 hours past Sudbury. We (the Hungrymen) usually arrive an hour before last call, and drink our faces off at the local bar, pass out, get up bright and early, and curl our asses off at the rink. Repeat until Sunday. Then we go home.

April 1st, as we all know is the opening of "Sin City." I would love to go, but I will be drunk on the ice, far far away. I understand my fellow FMMC members need for popcorn, comfortable seating, and above all He-Man cinema. So it is with in mind that I ask this most difficult of questions; "Can you wait?" No, not wait in line for ticket, but one week. And no, I don't mean camp out for "Star Wars" tickets. I mean wait one week to see "Sin City" with me on April 8th?

There is not much opening for the next two weeks after. Whatever your decision, I will accept it.

May all your popcorn be buttered. Cheers, MacDaddy

2 Comments:

Blogger Bic said...

I guess I can take pity on Mac and second his motion to hold off "Sin City" for a week.

If it was for any other reason than curling I'd have to say the show must go on, but I can't in good conscience force a "Hungry Man" to choose between his love of movies and his love of drunken curling.

There are some choices that should never have to be made.

March 27, 2005 11:11 p.m.  
Blogger Christian McPherson said...

You guys are, sniff sniff, the best.
- MacDaddy

March 29, 2005 8:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home