Thursday, March 03, 2005

Movie Review: Constantine

Transplanted from my Blog.
-----------------------------

Just went and saw the movie Constantine and I have to say while it won't win any Oscars next year it was worth the $10 to get in.

Of course I may be partially swayed by the fact I had one of the best Wetzel Pretzels I've ever tasted. Right out of the oven and into my hand. (I'm drooling over it just writing about it.)

Anyway, back to the movie.

If you're a fan of the comics the movie basically stays true to the character (with the exception of an absentee British accent). No blatantly obvious changes, so the main concern for the comic readers is probably the story itself.

Personally, I liked it. Nothing too original, but good enough for the 2 hour runtime.

The basic story is that Angels and Demons are battling for the souls of all mankind but not suppose to directly interfere. In the words of the famous Doc E, "That ole Chestnut".

Of course the bad guys are trying to stretch the rules as much as possible, but that's where John Constantine comes in. He basically gives anyone found cheating a one way ticket back to hell. Of course the bad guys are getting a bit braver now that they've found a way to cheat the system so John's a little busier than usual.

I won't go into much more detail, since I hate reviews that give away all the plot twists (he's really dead; the aliens are afraid of water; Rosebud is the sled) but the best advice I can give is if you liked The Prophecy than you'll probably like Constantine (with the exception of Rat Kawanga who slept through most of the first hour). They both share a similar story and pace.

3.5 out of 5

For more detailed reviews you can always check out Rotten Tomatoes to see what the experts think.

MacDaddys rebuttal review
-----------------------------
Constantine sucked ass. Nice looking film, but a snooooozer.
At one point during the film I heard a noise. I realized that Rat Kawanga was snoring.
Save your money and two hours of your life and go see something else, like "Million Dollar Baby."
- MacDaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home