Thursday, March 03, 2005

Movie Review: The Jacket

I have to admit I am a sucker for these type of time travel thrillers however often I'm disappointed by the payoff as they tend to be amaturish compared to the execution of the setup. While this one didn't totaly disappoint I did see that it was going for a light fluffy ending and figured out the direction early on which diminished my enjoyment as I was hoping for a darker movie along the lines of The Butterfly effect which took a similar premise and executed it perfectly.

Technically the film was well acted as you would except from Adrian Brody and Kiera Knightley was very good as well though I think that a little more depth to the characters would have added more to the story, the screenplay seemed to be thin in this respect trying to focus too much on the premise instead of character. I found John Maybury a little lacking as a director with him using too many extreme close-ups trying to increase the tension only actually succeeding in being very distracting and bringing me out of the movie experince.

Overall I fine effort but with a little tweeking it could have been a much better film I give it a 6/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home