Monday, December 05, 2005

Movie Review: Just Friends

'Just Friends' was so close to being a really good comedy that it almost hurts. Of the entire cast, only Reynolds, Marquette, Smart and Ewanuick are worth watching. With the exception of Amy Matysio's, 'Darla', (who has so little actual dialogue that I don't group her in with the other four), all the other characters are poorly written and in most cases even more poorly acted.

Anna Faris is extremely miscast as the 'Britney Spears' character. She just doesn't have the necessary look to make it believable. And Chris Klein, while not my favourite actor, may also just be unlucky enough to have to share half of his scenes with a group of kids who, if they represent the up and comers in Hollywood today, just help show why Dakota Fanning seems to be in so many movies these days (that sounded mean just typing it but trust me, it had to be said).

Essentially, if you go to the washroom, snackbar or leave to make a phone call whenever someone besides the original four actors I mentioned are on the screen, you'll get to see a great comedy with good jokes and great deliveries. If, like me however, you tend to stay in your seat and watch the whole thing, you'll spend much of your time muttering the phrase "why God, why" to yourself.

I would like to give this movie a 3 out of 5 (or possibly a four if I could manage to cut all the other actors out of my memory) but I just can't.

2.5 out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home